Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 6 of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Celebration and it is all about buttons!

I was (and am!) so exicted to see the adorable button card stamp set and dies etc. being sneak peeked over on Nichole's blog for Papertrey Ink.  They will be released for sale on the 15th of this month.  The sneak peaks from Nichole and the design team are inspired and beautiful and Michelle Wooderson's idea with Nichole's design input makes for some beeeeaaaauuuutttifulllll button-magic!  I tried my hand at making a project with some buttons to join in the fun today.  I made a birthday tag to put on my sister's birthday gift next week.  Here are some pictures:
The gorgeous tag is cut from the tag sale #3 die from papertrey ink - Here.  This is my favorite tag die!  I just love the little embossed dot border around the outside!  It just adds the perfect extra touch!

The beautiful large butterfly was cut from a die from Marianne Designs (purchased at CuddlyBuddly.com)
I hope someday Papertrey Ink makes some more butterfly dies as they are so fun to add to projects.
The smaller butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch I have had for years!

The heart bling is from Amuse Art Stamps which has a store near my home and is one of the first crafting products I ever bought for cards.  Love hearts of all kinds!

The buttons are from my stash and are one of my favorite colors- turquoise.

The cardstock is also papertrey ink and is called Aqua Mist!  I love it!!!!  You can see all of PTI's cardstock by clicking:  Here


The Happy Birthday tag at the top of the larger tag was made with the "Just the ticket" stamp set from Papertrey and was stamped with the only pink ink I have.  It doesn't match quite right but until my budget allows for me to purchase some more inks from PTI I am stuck with what I have.  Anyway it will do for this little birthday tag!  At least it blends with the butterfly but it may have been better for me to just use black ink with a pink tag....but no time to play some more and make it look better...so it will do for now!


I actually only had a few minutes tonight to read the Anniversary post for today and pull something together for the contest.  I did so tonight after giving dinner to my men after a long day of treatments with my dear hubbie and a playdate after school with my son and his friends on a beautiful sunny afternoon.  I am now off to gargle away my sore throat and then it is to bed- tomorrow is Friday and I get to be home all day aside from school runs!   My hubbie and I are both looking forward to it!  Weekend relaxation here we come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill