Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Make It Monday #48: Creating Backgrounds with Border Dies

Here is a quick post with a card I put together tonight for the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #48.  You can find the info (and video by Dawn McVey) on Nichole Heady's blog:  Here





Supplies used:
Stamps:  Tiny Tags and Love Lives Here (PTI) plus my own handwriting with a zig pen
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo black); Hampton Art (grey of some kind - old from my stash - no color name on pad)
Dies:  Simple circles border die; heart prints collection dies - PTI
Cardstock:  Smokey shadow; Raspberry Fizz, Autumn Rose and White (PTI)
Other:  Strawberry cupcake trendy twine, 1/8" white silk ribbon (PTI); Fine Linen felt (PTI) and a heart bling - Michael's.
Card is 5.5" x 5.5"

Thanks for taking a look.

: )   Jill





 



7 comments:

  1. This is such a clever idea for a background, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and fun idea! I don't have too many boarder dies. Thanks for visiting my blog and all your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, I love all the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jill...soooo vintagey. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great job with this technique! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Jill! I love how you layered the die in the centre. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs January Release Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill