Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A card for Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 29 - add a door or window...

Hi everyone,
Here with a card for the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge #29.  Add a door or window to your project. You can find all the details on their blog post:  HERE.

I had kind of a hard time deciding what to do for this challenge because I don't have one of Cheery Lynn's awesome window dies or door dies to play with.  Finally I found some Maya Road chipboard and set about painting it with pink and white paint.  Adding lines for siding on the main part of the house and stamping for the roof.  I also added a whimsical touch of some doodling in the windows by making curtains and myself in the window looking out - LOL! 

To me home is where my heart is and where LOVE for my family lives in our little two bedroom cottage here in Seattle.  I used a wonderful stamp set from Papertrey Ink called "Love Lives Here" to add my sentiment.  I also used a tiny tag cut in half to make a welcome mat just outside of the front door.  The door is made with a piece of silver cardstock and some more doodling.

The chimney is made with a chipboard heart and a bow made from twine.  I made some bushes and trees using Cheery Lynn Designs dies.  The "trees" are die B147 Olive Branches; and the flower bushes are from the mini rose die.  I folded the flower pieces in half to make a bush shape and then added a flower bling to each one. 
Here you can see a closer view of the lines I made with my paper piercer to make the house chipboard look like it has siding on it.  Along with my hilarious doodling....did I mention I can't draw worth beans?
A few clouds and a banner over the roof with the sentiment.  You can also see the Tiffany border die B137 cut out of pink cardstock running behind the house. 

Here is a close up of the pink "flower bushes" and the "trees".  You can also see a "white picket fence" made with the Queen Anne's Lace Border Die B160.

Well that is it for me today.  Thanks for taking a look at my card.  I just realized that it has both a door and 4 windows so I think I met the challenge requirements.   You may be wondering why I didn't use one of Cheery Lynn's fabulous doily dies on this project....hmmmm I just wasn't thinking.  I had the doily laying out on my desk from the previous card and slipped it under the house and liked the way it looked and then forgot that I was making this card specifically for a Cheery Lynn entry! 
How quickly I forget what I am doing these days!  LOL!  

Happy Crafting my friends!
:)  Jill

5 comments:

  1. What a really sweet card, I love the colors and those super cute clouds. Thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and good luck.
    hugs n' smiles
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, that is adorable. I love the colors. So pretty.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!!! Good Luck and thank you for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh this is so pretty! :) Amazing details and gorgeous design!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card Jill!
    Love the colors and all the small details that add so much to the card!
    Thanks for joining Cheery lynn designs challenge this week!
    Lots of love, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill