Thursday, June 7, 2012

A card for the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge MFTWSC75

Hello everyone,
I have a card to share today for the weekly sketch challenge over at My Favorite Things. Here is the sketch:



Here is a picture of the card I made:



This was a fun sketch.  I like the circle element with the squares.  I had some trouble with my paper piecing and coloring but I know I will improve with practice - especially if I keep doing the sketch challenges.  You may know that I am new to paper piecing and Copic markers so I am just learning - if you have any tips on good videos or tutorials to watch let me know in the comments.  Hopefully someday I can take a class!  I tried to make the background of the stamped image look like the uneven surface of a cement wall to help balance the bright colors in the image and papers.  I don't know that I succeeded but I had fun trying which to me is what crafting is all about.   

Thanks for taking a look at my card!  I hope you join in the sketch challenge too.  You can find all the info:  HERE

Happy Crafting!

: ) Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill