Friday, February 8, 2013

Make It Monday #103 - The Diecut Double-Up

Here with a quick post.  I made a card for Make it Monday #103 - The Diecut Double-Up

Here it is:


I do not have any Hawaiian shores ribbon or ink (lost? buried in my room somewhere?) from Papertrey and it must be rectified!  Ugh!  It is funny how not having matching inks and ribbons can really complicate your card making efforts.  I added black as the third color on this card because of it.  I also used a light turquoise ink (HA) to stamp a dot in some of the white flowers on the PTI patterned paper from the Raspberry Fizz Mix pack. 

In hindsight I wish I had used pink to color in the letters in the sentiment and I wish I had only dotted the "i" in smile instead of the other two.  I tried to fix it and ended up making a bigger problem - hence the glitter glue on top of the piece of card stock at the bottom of the banner die cut.  Anyhow - all is well that ends well and this card is bright and cheerful and fun so all is good!  I hope to try this technique again as I really enjoyed it!  Thanks for taking a look!  And also welcome to a few new subscribers here at my lil ol blog! 
                                                              Hugs,
                                : ) Jill

3 comments:

  1. I love the way this die cutting turned out, Jill...adorable!! I haven't tried it yet but using the flowers like this was a really great idea! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diecut flowers in the oval!!!! Terrific idea - so many great details in this card Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, how clever. Never thought to use flower die for this technique. Beautiful card! - Irma

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill