Thursday, April 11, 2013

A little Moxie and a little Mood Board....and a card...

I have been feeling no mojo (or as someone's blog said today "NOJO") to create anything since Easter...but last night as I was downstairs waiting for a load of laundry to finish so I could throw it in the dryer I became inspired by two different inspiration photos:

The first was this week's Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World:


I love this photo and I ADORE Magnolia trees!  Or as some people call them "Tulip Trees".  I love the pinks, light yellows, hints of green and brown.  And of course the fact that they herald SPRING! Yay Spring!!!  I am so ready for some warmer weather!

I also love Dawn's Monday Mood Board #8 over at her blog Stamp Away With Me for WPlus9:

I was inspired by the colors in both photos, the soft pink and green stripes in the mood board picture along with the idea of adding a "pop" of orange.

Here is my card:


I stamped the background stripes using WPlus9's Country Charm set.  The tag is from a Sissix die and is cut out of some Amuse Studio design paper.  The stamp set with the flowers and butterfly is also a WPlus9 set though I am unsure of the name?  I doodled the grass with my copics and added the brown pen accents to the flower and butterfly to tie in with the brown stamped sentiment.  The butterfly is my "POP" of orange!  I added some stardust pen to the flower tops and to the butterfly body but you cannot see it in this picture.  It is raining here in Seattle today and though I went outside to photograph I had to stay under my back porch where there are still too many dark shadows.  

Thanks for taking a look! 

:) Jill



6 comments:

  1. Jill, your card is absolutely precious and bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...sweet and springy!! And I see the inspiration all over it!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fresh and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jill, lovely fresh sweet spring colours,and cute little floral stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jill! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this one ! Its gorgeous! Love the pretty pink and flowers. Congrats on your WMS win !

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill