Monday, March 10, 2014

Sending Springtime Hugs....The Shabby Tea Room - week #209

Good Monday Morning to you friends!
I am here today with my design team post for The Shabby Tea Room - week #209.  This week's host is Aneta with the theme of "Spring is Near" and this lovely inspiration photo:

Aneta asks that you create a card or project inspired by the photo and INCLUDE BABY BLUE, BIRDS AND SPRING FLOWERS.  

Here is my card:
  The "baby blue" and "flower" elements are obvious but I thought I would add a detail shot to show the "birds" which are from an embossing folder.  I embossed a piece of vellum with the birds and butterflies folder and then added some color with some aqua blue ink on the birds and some kraft ink around the edge of the vellum. 
 The sweet wheelbarrow is a digital cut file from our sponsor this week:  - The Cutting Cafe!  
I used the pdf version and hand cut the wheelbarrow for my card.   I love how sweet it looks filled with flowers!  The sentiment on my card is from a Paper Sweeties stamp set called:  Sending Springtime.


The Cutting Cafe


The Cutting Cafe is your one stop shop for affordable cutting files and printable stamps. They offer a huge selection of products for just about any occasion. 


Thanks for taking a look at my project for this week. I hope you will hop on over to The Shabby Tea Room to see all of the inspiration for this week's challenge and to hopefully join in the fun!
 Have a great week everyone!
:) Jill

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love how you embossed the background and then inked it up a little. The flowers look great. TFS. ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet wheelbarrow! Love the sparkly detail and the cute flowers overflowing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the spring flowers you used Jill, this is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the embossing on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg Jill this is soooooooooooooo pretty - may i put this in the customer gallery over at the cutting cafe? if so, please email me the direct link to this project to fabriccutups@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Really like the card. Spring. Yay! 60's today. Still a quagmire in the yard. Frown. LOL. Just one posting Late Friday night.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! So spring like and dainty.The picture really showed off the fun details well, like the bird and the handle and those flowers (incredible). Never tried a cut file, will have to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely card Jill! Sweet wheel barrow and little flowers~ ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifully done! I just love the adorable flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jill, your card is so darling! I love all the details that you have added to it, especially the sweet little flowers in the wheelbarrow and the embossed vellum!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jill! Love the way that embossed vellum turned out … I was trying to see what it was. Your tiny flowers in the wheel barrow are adorable and you sure did a great job with the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness, Jill! This is so PRETTY! LOVE how you highlighted the birds and the wagon of flowers is just Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow this is beautiful jill.i love the sweet wheelbarrow and the flowers are so pretty :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jill! Your card is beautiful! I love the framework you created and the sweet shape, and your use of the vellum is really clever and fun. Just adore that wheelbarrow filled with flowers, too! Yes, bring on the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jill...this is just so cute! I love all those sweet little posies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is beautiful! I love love all those beautiful flowers in that perfectly galvanized look of the wheelbarrow! What a great file to have and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! I like the way you used the vellum...great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my! I love that little wheelbarrow filled with beautiful flowers! Wonderful shaped card, embossed background, and great use of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jill, my spring Easter bonnet is off to you!! This is the most darling spring wheelbarrow full of flowers!! Your work is amazing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Jill this is just so pretty! A wheelbarrow of spring flowers! Your embossed vellum looks so delicate and soft, I never think to use my vellum you have inspired me to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The hanging decoration is lovely!

    Mariangela ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill