Friday, February 12, 2016

Paper Sweeties February 2016 Release Sneak Peeks



Hello Friends and Welcome to the February 2016 Release Sneak Peeks for Paper Sweeties!  I hope you will join us over the next few days as we count down to the new releases this month.  It is always an exciting time!

This months release includes a wonderful new planner stamp set called "Celebrate", the 4th set in our planner series of stamps coming out in 2016.  Please visit Debbie's post on the Paper Sweeties blog  HERE to see and link up to the team's planner inspiration posts from yesterday!

Debbie is also releasing stamps and sweet cuts called "Thinking of You" this month. The new "Thinking of You" products are perfect for all of those occasions when we want to provide comfort to others...sympathy, prayers, blessings, etc or even just to let them know we are thinking of them. This stamp and die set is what I will be showcasing for you over the next few days. It is my new favorite! 

This sweet "Thinking of You" card uses the banner as a backdrop for the sentiment which gives the stamp set its name:
I used some lovely polka dot and floral papers and added in some of my beloved gingham to create my background and focal point.


 The dark gray cardstock die cut that creates a shadow behind the banner is just the banner die cut piece cut in half length wise and glued to the back of the floral piece.  The thinking of you sentiment strip covers up the open edges.  Three "sugar sprinkle" sequins finish the card up nicely with a wee bit of sparkle!  A simple and sweet card that can be used for many reasons.


Next up a sympathy card:
 This new "Thinking of You" stamp set has so many wonderful mix and match sentiments and "With Heartfelt Sympathy" is one of them.  The "Thinking of You" sweet cuts include the banner shaped die which I stamped with the coordinating stamp in black ink. The stamps and sweet cuts also include two small flowers and a leaf.
   I used the flower and leaf dies to make my felt flower embellishments.  Here is a close-up:

 I sewed the thread up and through the sequin in a star pattern and then once the flower was completed I added a tiny pearl to the center of the "Marshmallow" sequin to finish it off.  I will have more flowers to share on my cards for tomorrow's post.  But for now there is lots more to see along the Paper Sweeties Sneak Peek Hop today:



I hope you will come back tomorrow to see more inspiration using the new February Release Products!
What do you think so far?
:) Jill






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jill! Love these pretty pattern papers and the sequins-centered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Jill! Love the patterned papers and the stunning felt flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Jill! Both just ooze comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both cards...the colors and everything. Your sympathy card is so beautiful :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, Jill! I LOVE the felt flowers you created for the second one! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, both cards are SO pretty! Love the papers you used and those darling felt flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty!! You do have a way with patterned paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make such sweet cards, Jill! These are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I love the flowers in felt with the beautiful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill