Friday, April 1, 2011

Additional entries into PTI Challenge #8

Friday night turned out to have some crafting time in it this week.  My hubbie went to his friends house for some gaming and my son was playing some computer games so I broke out some PTI stamps to play with and came up with a couple of simple cards.  I used three Papertrey Stamp sets:  Tiny Tags; Love Lives Here and Year of Flowers - Roses. 
Here are the cards I made:
I added some copic coloring to the rose on this yellow card but I really need to take a class to learn proper techniques.   After I was done I was getting ready to do this entry and looked up some of the design team cards for this set (Year of Flowers - Roses) and Nichole and others do such an incredible job with their copics that I think I will be watching some how to videos this weekend.  It is fun coloring.  I really like it but I also want to do a better job at creating depth with the markers. 


My second card is even more simple and just has the rose stamped in the corner with a tiny "thank you" tag tied on with some baby heart tassels.  I did go over the outlines of the stamped rose with a marker in a tonal color to make it stand out more but that is it.  The backgrounds of the spellbinders label die cuts on both cards were blended with both distress and versamagic inks and an ink blending tool.  They started as white cardstock and I had fun mixing ink colors to create the backgrounds.  I needed another color of yellow or an entirely different color on the first card.  I wish now that I had used some distress old paper ink around the edges of the die cut for added dimesion.  I already glued everything down so I won't fix it this time....there is always next time and I am learning with each card I make.  By the by these two cards are going to be mailed so I made them fairly "thin" and non-dimensional so that mailing won't be a problem...

Here are a couple of close up shots of the tiny tags - made with PTI sets "Love Lives Here"  and  "Tiny Tags":

I had fun making the little heart tassels to add dimension to this card.

Happy Weekend everyone!  Make each moment count! 
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill