Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Card Making....

I made a few more cards over the weekend that I thought I would post quickly this morning.  Here are some pics:
This is a thank you card for my parents for all they do to assist my family each week.  The butterfly is from a stamp set by Skipping Stones Design called Healing Wings.  I stamped it in brown ink on white cardstock and then colored it with a copic marker and added glue / glitter. 


I then used some maya road trim to make the "body" of the butterfly and some cake decorating flower stamens for the antennae.

  The tag and sentiment are from Papertrey Ink's "Tiny Tags" set.   I used a label spellbinders die on some basic grey coordinations embossed cardstock and sanded it to make the background for this card. 

This next card is for my son's teacher.  There are only 11 weeks left until Summer vacation!  I thought I would get a jump on a card for his teacher since I had some card-making time.  This is a set of stamps from Taylored Expressions and I just love the little school house! And the owl too!  So adorable!

His teacher gets an A+ in our books!  She is fantastic!  The alphabet background is stamped with a Glitz distressing set 3 stamp.  And I added some glitter to the windows to make it look like the lights were shining in the little school house.  My son wanted to give it to her on Friday before spring break instead of waiting until summer....we will see!  She deserves a card everyday!!!! 

Well that is it for today.  Happy Tuesday to you all!
: )  Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill