Sunday, May 8, 2011

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge #13

A quick post....I squeezed some time out this Mother's Day early morning to do one more card so I could join in the PTI challenge...

This is a sunny card for my sister Joanna!  She is a sunshine girl and the Seattle rain often gets her down...this card is to cheer her up!  All in sunny yellow tones and with a sentiment from American Crafts "Celebrate Sunshine" that was a perfect match!  The diamond embossing plate and pinked edge die that I made the background with are from Papertrey Ink.  The cardstock for the card is also PTI. 

Here are some pics:



I would normally have made a flower by hand using some of my PTI dies but since I only had a few minutes to finish this card I used a chipboard daisy from my craft stash.  The butterflies and edge design are from punches by  Martha Stewart.  I used Tim Holtz Mustard Seed distress ink to color the white cardstock yellow and to make the sun look like it is rising in the sky - darker toward the bottom and lighter towards the top.  Pearls add a nice finishing touch along with some yellow twine.  A quick card and I learned a new technique too! 
Again - Happy Mother's Day to one and all!

2 comments:

  1. your card is so pretty and it actually looks like sunshine! i love your profile description...i feel like you wrote words that i would use to describe myself!
    kelly
    ps...thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Jill! I love the sun you made with your die/ip combination and the double lace edge is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill