Had a little time on Sunday night to make a card. My son and I had finished carving our pumpkins and we decided to play for a bit - he on the computer and me in my crafty space. I was inspired by the beautiful cards over at the C84FN Color Challenge and specifically challenge #66:
I wanted to use a new to me flower die from Magnolia and make some negative die cuts and then place the actual flowers into the negative spaces with designer paper behind them. On the road to doing this I ended up putting foam tape on the wrong side of my negative die cut piece. This was a bummer because this pretty light grey card stock had such a lovely texture on it. I didn't want to waste the piece though so I used it anyway and then had to turn my flowers to the wrong side too. Behind the opening in the Magnolia flowers is a piece of gray flowered Prima paper but you cannot see it very well because of the glitter glue I added to the flowers to make them POP more! Needless to say my card did not turn out exactly as I wanted it to but it is still pretty I think!
:) Jill and my sweet boy Tim