Saturday, February 12, 2011

A card with a "BIG" element for a PTI contest...

Hello friends...today is Saturday and my husband and I took our son on a special adventure for having had a very positive and lovely week at school - just because!  We spent a lovely few hours together out and about which only happens now about every 4 weeks just before my husband starts his next round of chemotherapy.  Just before treatment starts again he always has a few days where he feels almost himself again and has the energy to get up and go places.  Today was a beautiful day and we spent a great morning together while my hubbies energy lasted.  Then we came home and are now spending the afternoon  relaxing.  This means that my sweet hubbie is asleep upstairs and my son and I are down in the basement doing laundry, crafting, and in his case playing some fun games. 

Today on Nichole's blog for PTI the contest is to put something BIG on a project.  Well I needed to make a thank you card for a lovely helping hand gift that was just given to us so I decided to incorporate something BIG into the thank you note.  I don't have very many Papertrey Ink products but I always try to use as many as I can on projects I do for contest entries.  Today I pulled out my favorite go-to stamp set for Thank You cards called "Love Lives Here" designed by Melissa Phillips.  I love this stamp set and the dies that go with it!  Which you know if you have looked at many of my blog posts in the past months.  Anyway here are some pics of the card I made:

The card base is made with PTI Aqua Mist cardstock and is covered in patterned papers from SEI and Memory Box.  I rounded the corners with my corner chomper from WERMemoryKeepers using the 1/2 inch side which I just love!

The sentiment is from the Love Lives here stamp set and says "Thank You for giving me a hand".  I love this saying especially for all the wonderful people that are currently helping my family!

Aren't those hands just precious!  Love them, love them, love them! All the new dies at PTI that coordinate with their stamps are so lovely!  Plus they make it easy to create a very nice looking card! 


My large element is a "corner" decorative element die made by Heartfelt Creations via Spellbinders. The cardstock diecuts are all from DCWV papers that I have in my stash.  Well that is it so far for today.   I have one more card I would like to make for the PTI "Make it Monday" challenge but I hear my hubby stirring so it may not get made today.  We shall see!  Either way it has been a lovely crafting 2 hours this afternoon - so rejuvenating and fun!  Happy Saturday night everyone!  Have fun!  : )

Card Supplies:
Stamps:   Love Lives Here - PTI
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow (edges of die cuts, card, hands, and scalloped border punch)  Anna Griffin - chocolate pigment ink
Paper:   Cardstock:  Aqua Mist - PTI; Patterned papers:  SEI, Memory Box, additional diecuts cardstock: DCWV
Other:   Bling: recollections/Michael's, EK Success border punch, Dies: PTI, Spellbinders and Heartfelt Creations. DMC floss, Glue Dots, Ad tech adhesive, Foam "Pop-UP" Tape - dollar store. Sanding block for card edge distressing.
Finished Size:   4.25 x 5.5

3 comments:

  1. Sooo very pretty! Love that die set.. been having fun playing with it too! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your order and your sweet encouragement this evening!

    I LOVE this card! The warmth of the colors, the composition and the layers, all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and sharing your story with me. You're definitely inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill