Monday, December 12, 2011

Make it Monday #45 - Coloring embossed images with copics

Hello fellow cardmakers,
I had some time tonight to make a card for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge #45.   You can get all the info on Nichole Heady's blog:  Capture the Moment.

I needed a card for my son's teacher for the Holidays and I just received the "Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers" stamp set in the mail this week and wanted to try it out.  You can see the stamp set on the Papertrey Ink website:  HERE.

Here are some pics of my card.  I took these at night in the best lighting I could provide but they will not be as good as if I had taken them during the day...but with my husband's health issues I am finding that it is best to post things when I have a moment rather than waiting until later and not posting my cards at all.  I am hoping to make another card using this technique because I embossed the candy canes 4 times and tried coloring them as shown in Lisa's wonderful video but I just kept messing them up....so I ended up coloring the inside of the candy canes only instead of the actual embossing as she showed.  I didn't choose a dark cardstock because I wanted something soft and feminine to give to my son's teacher for Christmas...my next card will be with dark cardstock and a different PTI image....not sure what yet.  I do like this technique and enjoyed trying it out.  Embossed images are so very elegant!


Thanks for taking a look at my card!  The holly leaves are made out of white craft foam I picked up at michael's.  The pink felt circle cut under the white button at the top was cut from the Love Lives Here die set.  I was trying to make a tab of some kind to fill in the top of the card a little because the bow I attempted at first was too big and I couldn't make it work.  The adorable sentiment and little candy stamp are from Candy Cane Christmas....I LOVE this set and seem to use it on all my cards lately!   Again - sorry about the picture quality....I am off to bed.   Just 3.5 more days until Winter break - I cannot wait!!!!
  :)  Jill

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Jill...even the candy canes :o) Love the soft colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill this is such a lovely card! I love your choice of soft colors, this is so beautiful! I bet the teacher wont be able to stop talking about how much she loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill