Thursday, June 7, 2012

A card for Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #31

Edited on 6-8-2012:  Added updated photos taken with natural light.

Hello all,
Here tonight with a card for the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #31 - Make it Manly.  You can find the information about the challenge:  HERE.

Here is a picture of my manly card and the Cheery Lynn Designs dies that I used to make it:


This photo taken on 6-8-12 - natural daylight.





I don't have a lot of masculine stamps so I used a wreath and went with masculine colors of kraft, ripe avocado, dark chocolate, fine linen, and rustic cream.  The card has an old time vintagey feel to it in person...but I don't know that the photo translates it well.  All of the cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.  The only non-cheery lynn die is the banner at the top of the card which is from
Taylored Expressions.   

Below are the Cheery Lynn dies that I used for the square diecuts and border on my masculine card.  Not pictured is the old parchmant embossing plate which I used on the two square mats to give them texture. NOTE:  I will try to get some "daylight" pictures tomorrow - these were taken with lighting in my basement so they do not show details like I would want.


These Cheery Lynn dies were used to create the flower and greenery around it:

 


 A close-up of the flower and other details - photos taken on 6-8-12 with natural daylight:


The flower itself is made from some cardboard paper protectors that are used to ship the cardstock I purchase from Papertrey Ink.  I try to re-use my packaging from all my products as much as possible to be GREEN!

The stamps are from two different companies:  The Square border is from Our Daily Bread Designs.
The wreath and both sentiments are from Papertrey Ink.  Inks: Jenni Bowlin and Distress. The heart chipboard is from Michael's.  The button is Papertrey Ink and the ribbon is from my stash and very old!

That is it for me tonight.  I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card and the pictures need to be retaken during daylight so I may update this post tomorrow morning.  (If I have time! )  (NOTE: Post updated on 6-8-2012 at 2:34pm.)  I hope you find some time to play along with the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.  It is a lot of fun! 

                                                Happy Crafting Everybody!
                                                          : ) Jill

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jill...loe your clustering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous!!! love the cardboard flowers!! Thank you for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, this us utterly gorgeous! :) Beautiful use of dies, so creative and a great layout too! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill this is a great card. I love your big chunky manly flower. You did a wonderful job with the vintage feel! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Jill and what a wonderful use of dies!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill