Monday, March 3, 2014

Egg-stra Sweet Easter Wishes! Week #208 at The Shabby Tea Room

Hello my friends and Happy Monday!
I am here with my design team post for week #208 at The Shabby Tea Room!  This week Debbie is our host and she has chosen the theme of "Pretty Polka-dots" along with this beautiful photo for inspiration:

 Debbie asks that we create a card or project inspired by the photo and include polka dots!

Our sponsor this week is Debbie's lovely company "Paper Sweeties"!   The winner of this week's challenge will receive a $20.00 gift certificate to the Paper Sweeties boutique!  A lovely prize indeed!!!!

Here is my design team project for this week:

I used the sweet "Abigail stamp and die bundle" along with the stamp set called "Jelly Bean Time" to create my card.  After stamping and die cutting Abigail I also snipped along the edge of her arms so that I could have her hold an Easter egg.  I placed some pop dots under the egg to create lots of dimension!

Here is a close-up view of her arms and the Easter eggs. I added some glossy accents to the eggs to make them shine!  For my polka dots I used an embossed mat as well as this lovely pink and cream polka dot paper.  All of the patterned papers on this card are from a 2011 Crate paper 6x6 pad called "Pretty Party".  I love the papers in this collection!  So sweet!

Thanks for taking a look at my card.  I hope you will head over to The Shabby Tea Room to see what the entire team and guest designers have created to inspire you this week.  I look forward to seeing your take on this week's inspiration.   And a great big thank you to everyone that participated last week!  Gorgeous projects my friends!  GORGEOUS!!!!!  Congratulations to the winners too!
Hugs,
Jill

18 comments:

  1. Jill this is so so cute, I love that sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Jill. I did notice the shine coming off the easter eggs. Nice touch. That bunny in the back caught my eye too. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill this is as cute as can be! Love the papers you've used, she's dressed so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!
    Love the papers and those fabby eggs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, this is so sweet! Love the beautiful bright easter eggs! Perfect papers too! Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill she is adorable! I always love what Glossy Accents can do for a card! Your pictures are always adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding her egg to her arms was inspired. The GAccents really popped the shine too. Love the image and loved the way you interpreted Polka Dots with the EF. The tiny patterns on your dp were delightful & colorful with this sweetie, and the tiny touch of lacy border peeking from the side. Wonderful Happy card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abigail is super lovely all dressed in her Easter outfit! Love the glossy accents on the eggs! Pretty paper and beautiful bow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable! I like the dp that you used for the background...Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jill, hope all is well. Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the glossy accents on the eggs and the paper piecing on that girl! FAB Easter card, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable is your blog makeover ... LOVE! Thank you for sharing your amazing talents with everyone in the Tea Room, Jill ... what a TREAT for all of our followers!! Hugs - xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, how super sweet this is! Love the scene and LOVE your paper piecing! The glossy accents on the eggs is really the most perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooo cute! I so love these beautiful Easter wishes, the designs on them and the embellish, such a superb creation. Thanks for sharing inspiration.

    Regards
    Mich xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME and STUNNING!
    i love the coloring and the designs of this card, so perfect and delicate!
    Thanks for the inspiration. this is perfect for this coming Easter 2014.

    Best wishes to you!
    - Prasad

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill