Friday, October 31, 2014

Paper Sweeties November Inspiration Challenge #25 - 'Holiday Joy'


Hello Friends,
Today I get to join the incredible Paper Sweeties Design Team as a guest designer as we kick off the November Inspiration Challenge #25 - Holiday Joy!  Here is the lovely inspiration graphic:

Red, white and turquoise!  Such a pretty color combination and with such a pretty picture to inspire!

Here is what I came up with:

I used two of the October release sets to make my card and an older stamp set called "Naughty or Nice" for the sentiment "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas".

To create my banner I actually used an upside down Christmas Tree stamp from the "Trim the Tree" stamp set.  I used both the back and front of the stamp to create the banner.  I stamped the back side twice in red and once in aqua.  Then I flipped to the front side of the stamp and stamped the actual image on top of each colored banner piece. This is a quick way to add color to your stamped images without having to use markers.  I then hand-cut the entire piece out and used a stamped and die-cut word "JOY" from the Sweet Cuts "JOY" set to create the letters for my banner. A piece of vellum and a thin strip of turquoise card stock finish the bottom of the card along with the black-embossed sentiment and a twine bow.

 There are tons of beautiful projects using this inspiration on the design team's blogs.  Here is a list so you can visit them all:
  
Monthly Challenge Team Blog Hop List:

                                                                               and
                                             November Guest Designer: Jill Norwood

Thanks for taking a look at my holiday card!  I hope you will join in this fun challenge.  There are free digital stamps on the Paper Sweeties blog under the "about" section if you do not yet own any of Debbie's incredible stamps!  And if you win the lovely prize of a $20.00 gift certificate you will be able to buy some of your own to love! :)
Happy Crafting!
Jill



















12 comments:

  1. LOVE the banner and how you colored the o's in your fab sentiment red! Great card, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the joy banner, embossed background, vellum with glitter, and sweet little red bows! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees upside down? Wonderful! Love the way you think, and love that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and perfect for the challenge Jill! Super duper creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! LOVE the vellum! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Beautiful holiday card! Love it! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty is this!! I like the banner and your little red O's!! So happy you are guesting with us this month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too clever, Jill! Love these trees upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the banner, Jill! Your card really captured that inspiration photo beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Jill! Love the JOY banner! So fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card! I love that banner!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill