Friday, March 24, 2017

Spring 2017 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


Hello Friends!  Are we all ready for the SPRING Coffee Lovers Blog Hop?  It is always such a wonderfully inspiring event!!!!!  A big thank you to Amy Tsurata and her entire team for inspiring all of us throughout the year!  I love all of the wonderful projects they share!

http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/


Paper Sweeties is once again one of the many wonderful sponsors for this fantastic event:




I hope you will join in the fun by linking up a SPRING THEMED card or project!  There are so many wonderful prizes up for grabs and lots of free digi's too!  Be sure to check out all of the sponsors links at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers website!

And in case you missed it....Paper Sweeties March Release was also dedicated to Coffee and Tea with some lovely new stamps and sweet cuts:







Onto my card....I wanted to make a coffee mug with a spring feeling to it.  So I started by creating a vellum coffee mug embossed with flowers and colored with copics:

I used Paper Sweeties NEW "Keep Calm and Drink Coffee" sweet cuts die to die cut the coffee mug from vellum 4 times.  I embossed one of the vellum mugs with the flowers from the cake slice in the "Party Time" stamp set.  I then colored the backside of the vellum die cut with my Copics to add color to the flowers and leaves then I glued 3 layers of vellum mugs behind the first layer to give the finished mug some depth. Next I added a vellum steam die cut to the mug when I placed it on my white linen card base.  A partial circle window and some polka dot embossing of my turquoise cardstock creates a nice focal point.  And the lovely pink stitched ric rac border is from a Pretty Pink Posh diecut. The sentiment was cobbled together by selectively inking some sentiments from both the "Sending Sweet Thoughts" and "Tackle Life One Cup at a Time" stamp sets from Paper Sweeties.  And the finishing touch is some Licorice Twine.

Thanks for taking a look at my card! Enjoy the Hop!
:) Jill 






32 comments:

  1. Jill,this is really gorgeous! I love the look of the vellum and those little flowers! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card with the vellum coffee cup, Jill!! Very pretty flowers and embossed background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of vellum on the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first favorite of the hop. Love this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill:
    This is FABULOUS!! I'm a coffee lover, too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    For another fun challenge, you're welcome to join us at Word Art Wednesday (our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp). We'd love to have you. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jill, your teacup is ever so delicate and lovely!! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vellum mug is perfectly perfect Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful with those vellum designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stamping and embossing on the vellum looks so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers on your pretty vellum Cup Jill! Pretty design and colors! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stamps and dies.
    You made a beautiful card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this is so beautiful!! Love that cup in vellum... and such a beautiful design! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is FANTASTIC! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the vellum cup! Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, beautiful card, I liked it a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! So fun to have the cup made from vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so pretty. Love it!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the embossed dots with the soft colored cup on vellum! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the delicacy of this coffee cup. Like fine china.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your card Jill! the vellum is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jill, I love the soft look of the vellum. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely layout and I love that vellum Mug
    so so sweet
    and lovely colors too

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a darling, sweet card with that terrific vellum mug!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So super cute and totally looks like Spring

    ReplyDelete
  25. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete
  26. The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. nespresso compatible coffee pods

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill