Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Paper Sweeties Challenge - June 2017

 Hello friends and happy June!  We are starting our 6th month of 2017 and summer is coming our way very soon!  And since it is the start of a new month it is also time for a brand new monthly challenge at Paper Sweeties!



  I love this sweet scene with the cherries and gingham and mason jar and it inspired this card:



 
I started by creating a fun watercolor background using the ink smooshing technique on some watercolor cardstock.  I used the lovely Mason Jar stamps and sweet cuts to create my mason jar.
I chose some sweet cherry themed paper to match the inspiration photo to paper piece the label and topper. The pink gingham tag was die cut using the "Beautiful Little Wishes" sweet cuts and the sentiment is from the "Handmade for you" stamp set. To finish the card I added a felt doily in pink and wrapped it from the front of the card to the back over a 1/2 circle of the same cherry themed paper.  The final touch is the sentiment "Thanks ever so much" from the "Love you to pieces" stamp set.

I hope you will join today's challenge blog hop to see all of the wonderful inspiration from the entire team:



Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties

A special welcome to Leanne Elliott who is this month's guest designer!  We are so glad to have you join us this month!

This is my last post as an official "Creative Designer" for Paper Sweeties. I have so enjoyed sharing my Paper Sweeties creations with all of you!  Thanks for all of the wonderful comments you have left for me over the past few years! And thanks to Debbie and the entire Sweeties Design Team! I have had so much creative fun with all of you!  And you have inspired me so much!  What a blessing it has been in my life!

I hope you all enjoy your summer vacations!  If you want to know what I am up to you can follow me on my Instagram feed:   greenwdgirl
Hugs,
Jill 






10 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING how you dressed up the jar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty pink felt doily, Jill!! And, the mason jar with the cherry paper is so sweet!! Gorgeous water colored background, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, this is so cute! I love that pretty cherry paper in the pinks and reds! Really cute!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love that back ground and the color is super cool. Love the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is ever so sweet and feminine Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Beautiful background and love the pink doily! And the papers you used for the jar are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the pinking shears edges, the WC BG, the mason jar, and the pink doily! FAB card, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, this is lovely! I adore the fabulous layering and textures! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this sweetly nostalgic, homespun design, Jill! Great watercolor background and love the layering of the circle, jar, and doily with the off-the-edge look!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill