Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day 2011!

Today is Mother's Day 2011 and I want to wish all of the wonderful women who mean something in children's lives a very happy day!  This includes my lovely sisters who are Aunties to my son and are like second Mom's to him - only more fun then me! LOL!  My sisters take time to do special things with my son even though many of them are not Mom's themselves and lead very busy professional lives.  This is such a blessing especially since my husband has cancer and we both have less quality time to spend with him as we attend so many medical appointments each week.  I am also blessed with the most beautiful and giving Mother in the world and a wonderful Mother-in-law who is so kind to me.  The list of important women in my life continues with a group of Mom's that I have met through my son's preschool and kindergarten.  We help each other, support each other, laugh together and even sometimes cry together.  We rejoice when one of us gets to meet Dave Matthew's in person and we giggle over the silly things that brighten our days.  Women are amazing and Mom's most of all.  That is why MOM spells WOW upside down!  So God Bless all the amazing women in my life on this beautiful Mother's Day!  Wow!

On to some cards I have made to commemorate this important day.  Most of these cards were made while I was sitting by my husband's side as he received a drip this week to improve his immune system.  Making cards is something that I can take with me and work on in fits and starts as time permits when I am at some of his appointments.  It makes the time go by and keeps me from worrying so much.  Plus I can work on the many thank you notes that are needed for all the friends and family members that are helping us out right now.

Here are some pics of this weeks cards:
Card 1:
This card is probably my favorite.  I made the flowers by tearing a piece of paper into a circle and then rolling it up to make the "rose" shape.  Then I loosen the rolled flower until it takes on the shape that I like and use glue dots to hold it in place.  I also tore the paper stems and leaves and grass.  The butterflies are from two different Martha Stewart punches and are made of vellum with some light pink pearl accents for their bodies.  I haven't decided on a sentiment for this card yet because I am not sure if I will use it for Mother's Day or some birthday's that are coming up.

This picture is a little bit closer.

And closer still.

Card 2:
This card was made for my niece who is celebrating her 19th birthday! 

The dress form stamp is from Gina K Designs and is stamped on Crate Paper. Dies are from Spellbinders and Papertrey Ink.

Card 3:
This card I made for my Mother-in-law.  I am hoping that it reaches her on time to celebrate the day!

The stamp is from The Girl's Paperie and I love it.  The doily is a die from My Favorite Stamps and the other die that the sentiment is on is from Papertrey Ink.

Card 4:

This is another Mother's Day card!  I am just in love with the baby roses made from paper.  I made one by hand and I used my MFT rolled rose die for the other 2.  I like both methods of making these flowers and especially like that you can make them anytime with our without the die in your hot little hands!  The torn ones on my first card are the best of all in my book - lots of texture from the torn edges.

Here's a close up of the design...

A little bow using some twinery twine finishes the bouquet of flowers along with some handcut leaves.

Card 5:

This card is similar to the last one except it has a vertical profile instead of horizontal. 
The background paper is from Papertrey Ink - Happy Spots.  And the dies are from both MFT and PTI.



Well that is it for card-making for this week.  I didn't enter any challenges but I was away from home when I made most of these and just went the way my mood took me.  I got an offer again to make cards ongoing for a business but right now I am focusing on getting my husband well so I turned it down for now.  Maybe someday....wouldn't that be a dream come true to get paid for doing something that is a labor of love!
Have a great Mother's Day everyone!  God Bless!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill