Monday, May 21, 2012

A card for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #67: Step-it-Up: Mixing Patterned Papers

Hello Crafty friends,
I found some time to play with Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #67: "Step it up mixing pattern papers" challenge over at Nichole's blog: Capture the Moment:  HERE

Here is a picture of my card:



I used scraps from my stash.  Some of the papers are scraps from one of my all time favorite designers Margie Romney Aslett of "The Girl's Paperie" line from a couple years ago.  She is now designing over at Bazzill Basics Papers and has some great new papers out that I just received and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!  I also used my favorite new twine in a blue sky and brown combination and some delicious pink felt for my heart border.  The lovely brown and blue twine is from "Trendy Twine" and also comes in pink and brown too.  I just love the colors of twine that Trendy Twine produces!!  You can purchase it at Annie's Paper Boutique at Big Cartel:  HERE


The sentiment stamp is one of my favorite's from a set called "Signature Series Dress Form" in the Raspberry Suite line by Dawn McVey for Papertrey Ink.  It is a wonderful little $5.00 stamp set with 4 awesome sentiments and a dress form in it!  The dress form also has a matching die.  Adorable!

I hope you take time to join in the Make it Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink this week.  And the upcoming blog hop on the 25th too!  I would love to hear what you think of my card and of patterned paper combining.  I always struggle a little bit with combining patterns.  It takes me a while.  This card was no exception though it helped that I had lots of scraps in the pink/blue/green color families. Thank Goodness!!!  I may even try to make another card using scraps but with the colors for the blog hop coming up...we will see how my week goes. 

: )  Jill



10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I had some of the papers from this line--- they were some of my favourites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love your mix of patterns and the tag with the oval in the center and the heart die, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such amazing stuff, Jill. Love this. Thank you so much for using my twine.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of patterns Jill. The little hearts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely Jill! Beautiful mix of patterns and one of my favorite sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. All of your papers are so yummy. I even have that sentiment, and totally forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these papers - love the tag on your card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mix of patterns! Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fresh and spring-y card! I love using the sentiments from the dress form set. Well done, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and love your combination of paper and colors, so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill