Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Wishes - a card for Freshly Made Sketches #79

Hello,
I am still trying to get a few more Easter cards finsihed.  I took inspiration from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge #79: HERE

Here is the sketch:

Here is the card I made:

 I was originally trying for a one-layer card - very CAS.  But...after using a circle mask and stamping the two lovely borders from one of the new WPlus9 sets I didn't quite know how to make the circle space look right!  Ugh! 

So.....after embossing the background and then deliberating and trying different things I finally cut this pretty pink felt circle frame and added the smaller popped up circle with the sentiment.  I also added some coloring with my copics to help the flowers in the stamped images to POP a little from the background.
All I can say is that the art of making a single layer card is one that I aspire to.....tonight wasn't my night for it but I do like my finished product.  I just love the texture that felt adds!  Yummy!

Thanks for taking a look!
Hugs,
Jill

9 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning. I love the design AND layers!
    I can totally relate to your 'single layer' dilemma, Jill! I always think my attempt at CAS cards just need something else so I keep adding and adding and adding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of the texture you have going on here! And, yes, that felt is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it Jill! The felt adds just the right touch of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty almost one layer! I have had that set in my cart many times. Its beautiful! Hope you have a blessed Easter sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the felt circle you added with the Easter wishes! Personally one layer cards are not for me! Your card is GORGEOUS! LOVE the linen BG, too! Happy Easter, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet card! love every little bit of it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Jill- I love the textured background and the gorgeous colors you used! So smart to stamp one border over the other - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Easter card! Love the felt circle! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that embossed background. So gorgeous with the felt and beautiful border. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill