Thursday, March 21, 2013

Merry, Merry, Merry....for Festive Friday, Friday, Friday!


Hi Everyone,
I am here today with some very MERRY cards for the Festive Friday "MERRY" Challenge: FFC04.  As soon as I saw the trigger I knew I wanted to use my Merry word die from Papertrey Ink with the tons of Christmas Paper scraps sitting in my scrap bin!!!!


I got into a card making zone last night after spending several free hours working on purging and organizing some of my crafty items. This zone allowed me to make three cards in the time that it usually takes me to make just one!  Love it when this happens!!!!!

This is the CAS card of the three.  I find CAS hard to do....I always seem to get ink on the card at the very end for some reason.  And I did this time too but a lovely white eraser came to my rescue!  Yeah!  
The snowflake is from Folk Art Flurries - WPlus9.  Love how it frames the word!  The embossing folder is from Lifestyle crafts...love those thin diagonal lines! 


 This is the most elaborate of the three.  With sewing (I cannot sew a straight line to SAVE MY LIFE - I think I will pre-draw lines with a pencil and ruler next time to see if it helps - its either that or go FAUX!!), lots of layers, and some lovely tiny rusted jingle bells added to the twine bow.  It uses Folk Art Flurries from WPlus9.  I used kraft and red ink on the snowflakes on the background and on the focal point.  Love this look and will probably try this again soon! 

This was the last card I made....and I am still not sure it is quite right. I started with an idea but it took a turn in the middle.....now I don't like the doily edge on the paper as I don't think it goes with the stars at all....

Also I think I need to put a brown pen line or maybe some red ink around the word  "merry" so that it doesn't look so lost?  It is when I look at photos of my finished cards that I most often see the glaring thing I didn't do even though I didn't notice it while creating in the first place.  I am debating with myself but I will probably do something (change everything about it!) before I ever give it a way.  I am posting it anyway as I think I learn from every single card I make - the good ones and the not so great ones.

This card uses PTI's Background Basics Postmarks and Layered Postmarks Holiday stamp sets.  I absolutely ADORE these two sets - alone or together!

Well that is it for this post....sorry for being so long-winded!!!  Thanks to everyone over at Festive Friday for the wonderful MERRY inspiration!  Love all of your cards!  And thanks too for my shout out from the last challenge with this card:  HERE .  If you didn't see last week's shout outs for Moriah and Sonya as well as all of the incredible "SNOWFLAKE" entries I hope you will go to the Festive Friday blog and check them out!  Also challenge three's winning card is a must see - it has incredible hidden depths!!!  Congratulations to Ardyth Percy-Robb who created it.  You can see her blog post:  HERE 

Bye for now...
:) Jill




12 comments:

  1. I love all 3 of your creations and have decided after seeing these that I really do NEED the "merry" die! You have so many great elements and color choices in all of them...great job! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Jill & to be honest, I love the wonky red stitching - it perfectly suits the card! The CAS is my favorite & it is soooo hard to stop when done for CAS, but I'm glad you did with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are beautiful but I like the last one the best. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, these are ALL so nice!!! I LOVE the colors and patterns you've chosen...they just look beautiful together! (LOVE the PTI 'merry'...wish I had that!!!) Just beautiful! And congrats on your snowflake card!!! (I sure am enjoying your creations with our challenges!! Glad you're having fun with them!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all Jill . I like the doily boarder with the stars. Good to know I am not the only one who can't seem to get stitching straight. I like how yours ended up . These are three beautiful Finished Christmas cards. Congrats for the shout out with your. Beautiful snowflake card. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards Jill! Great looks with the same die and all so different! I think I will need that die now. I ADORE their Jane Austen stamps and dies, working on cards this weekend with them for my Jane Austen group! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL are GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! Maybe a brown pen line would look good around the last merry but I LOVE it just the way it is! And I LOVE the design and star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, have I mentioned that you're just such an awesome cheerleader?! THANK YOU for being so excited about our challenge, it really does mean a lot!!

    I love them ALL, and I can't pick a favourite. I LOVE how you inked up the snowflake, and must remember to do that (gotta pin these things!), and I think each card is exactly perfect how it is. THANK you for sending us three GORGEOUS cards to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love all of your renditions of this Merry card Jill! I'm a CAS girl at heart and you did a super job on your CAS one! Wonderful colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous - the rustic colours and the mix of patterns! I love that they have the same feel, but are still different from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all three of these fabulous cards, Jill. Your color combos, pattern papers, embellishments, stitching and designs are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jill,
    I love all three of your cards. I really love your CAS card. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill