Friday, February 13, 2015

Paper Sweeties February Release Countdown


Hi Everyone and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

We are back for day two of the Paper Sweeties February Release countdown!  Did you enjoy all of the sneak peeks from day 1 yesterday?  Lots of beautiful projects from our wonderful design team!  I so enjoyed checking out everyone's incredible cards!!!!

Today I have 3 cards to share with you!  If you are subscribed to the Paper Sweeties newsletter then you have already seen this first card!  It showcases one of the flowers from the new set "Pretty Posies"!  I stamped the flowers twice - once on a lovely "Tilda" floral paper and the second time on some pink gingham.  Then I fussy cut the flower centers from the gingham paper and popped them up.  The trio of flowers creates a lovely focal point on this sweet note card.


The sentiment "Celebrate Your Day" is from the "You Make Me Smile" stamp set.  This set has a wonderful variety of sentiments in it and gets a lot of use in my craft room!

For my second card I decided to try using both the front and back of one of the flower stamps. I stamped a row of flowers in a lovely turquoise color using the back of the stamp and then turned the stamp over to the front and stamped a different color each time to create a lovely rainbow of pretty posies.


A few turquoise foil stickers and a lovely sentiment from the "You Make Me Smile" stamp set (again!) finish of this sweet note card.

And keeping with this technique... I then decided to add some gold embossing powder and gold card stock to the mix and came up with this card:
 I haven't added a sentiment to this one yet....I think it would be beautiful as is for just writing a note but I could also add a wedding sentiment or birthday sentiment when I am ready to use it! 


I love the look of the flowers embossed in gold - so elegant!!!!  And the embossed card stock is so pretty too don't you think??? 

Here are a couple of pictures I took of my process:
 I stamped with the back of the stamp shown using some light pink ink.  It is helpful to have a cushy surface like a mouse pad under your card stock to get a good impression.  I stamped each flower twice to get a deeper pink color.  Clear stamps are lovely as they are very easy to line up and re-stamp a second time in the same spot! Once all of the pink flowers were stamped I used my embossing powder tool over the whole panel before going on to the next step below....

 In this photo you can see the mask I created of the flower which I used for both of my cards.  I cover my previous flower with the mask, ink up my stamp with versamark ink and line it up to stamp the next flower.  After stamping it remove the mask, add the embossing powder, heat it to melt it, and then repeat the process until all of the flowers are completed.  It takes a little bit of time but the gorgeous results are so worth it!

Well that is it for me today!  I am sure enjoying playing with these new stamps and dies that will be released on the 15th!!!! 


Here is the hop list for today:


Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
Jill Norwood 
Jinny Newlin *special Guest Designer*
You should have arrived here from Debbie's blog at Paper Sweeties....and your next stop is at the lovely Jinny Newlin's blog "Soaring"!  She is our special guest designer standing in for lovelyl design team member Char who is having some health issues.  We send our prayers for a full and rapid recovery Char!  You are missed my dear! Take good care!!!!
Until tomorrow!
Hugs,
Jill
  



Products used:

Pretty Posies   - release date February 15, 2015

Sweet Cuts - Pretty Posies



12 comments:

  1. Very nice Jill! Loving the stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the design of the first one! And great idea on using the bloom to make a border! All are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee them!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous cards every one of them! Love those pretty posies...well done!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super designs and paper piecing, Jill. Loving all your inspiration today! Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Jill!! Love all the cards. I love what you did with the flowers on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT way to showcase those stamps! I especially LOVE the contrasting papers on the first and the gold embossing on the last! Happy Valentines Day, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic! You go, girl! Love the bitty florals and gingham of the first and that striking sheen on the last two! So pretty, and great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just so sweet. Love all those pretty flowers trimmed in stunning gold..just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally brilliant, Jill! LOVE the tutorial on the border of flowers--totally genius! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Jill! Love the gold embossing and pretty paper pieced flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so sweet and the pink, white and gold card…fantastic!! Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill