Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Papertrey Ink 8th Anniversary - Day 7: Heavy Metal Challenge



Hi Friends,
Here tonight with a card I whipped up this afternoon for today's Papertrey Ink "Heavy Metal Challenge".  Are you following along with all of the festivities surrounding Papertrey's 8th Anniversary!  I am enjoying seeing the reveals each day and hope to make a card for all of the challenges if time permits!

Here is my card:
The challenge is to use metals and neutrals.  I decided to pull out my "Spring Hills" stamp set.  I embossed the main image in Stampendous Jewel Gold embossing powder and colored it with neutral copics in skin tones and warm grays.  The sentiment is embossed in Stampendous Pirate Gold powder on PTI vellum.  I added a panel of embossed hearts on some PTI "soft stone" cardstock and a panel of PTI "kraft" cardstock edged with a Mama Elephant die.  The paper is from an Echo Park paper pad I had on hand. 

Thanks for taking  a look at my card!
Jill

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the soft colored scene and the gorgeous embossed vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Jill! Your neutrals are perfect for the sweet scene dressed in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jill!! Love the kraft with the metallics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is come card! I love your beautiful gold embossing, just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just love that gold embossing...so pretty! And, such a pretty little scene in wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh what a peaceful scene! Love the colors and that stampset on your beautifully designed card, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so warm and serene! I love the soft color wash on your image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go from fun to elegant in a blink of an eye - gorgeous gold embossing, dry embossing, and krisp kraft and white ! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, love the soft coloring of the Spring Hills stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill that embossing on the Hills is gorgeous...
    live this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card!! LOVE IT!! The heart embossing is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill