Monday, June 29, 2015

Hugs....


Happy Monday.  Over the weekend I needed to make some cards for some very special people.  I had recently ordered the "Big Hugs" stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink and thought the sentiments in the set were perfect for my needs.

This first card was made for our wonderful Pastor, Father Jerry, who is being transitioned to a new parish as of July 1st.  This past Sunday was his last weekend with us.  He holds a special place in my family's heart.  He is the person who stood beside us when my husband was dieing from cancer and helped us through the funeral process and beyond.  My son also made his First Holy Communion with Father Jerry and has gotten to know him quite well over the years.  We will miss him very much and wish him the best as his flock changes once again.      
 This second card is being sent to my husband's cousin and family in California who just lost their son at 38 years of age after a short illness.  I am heartbroken for them.  Loss is so very difficult...even knowing that we will all be together again in Heaven someday.  I like to think that Stuart and him are together now looking down on us. 


Hugs,
Jill

9 comments:

  1. Beatiful die cut and beautiful sentiment. Love it. TFS. ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    And this set has been on my wishlist for far too long...
    LOVE that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Jill and they will be appreciated. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. This card made with your love will bring some comfort to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply stunning sweetie, loving the colours and design, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing Jill!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet pair of cards...love the way you give hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Jill! Love the dies and wonderful sentiment! Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Your cards will surely be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful and full of love. I know they will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these cards are beautiful, Jill! Made in love during difficult times for some very important people, and I know they will be truly appreciated. Sending you (hugs)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill