Friday, September 11, 2015

Colors of Fall....Lil Inker Design Monthly Meet-up Challenge

Hello! Happy Friday!  Here with a quick card this morning as I join in the Lil Inker Designs "Colors of Fall" challenge.


I do not have a lot of Lil Inker Stamps but I do own a lot of their lovely dies!  I need several birthday cards for September so I made this:

I created a lovely water-color background in shades of oranges and yellow with a bit of darker russet.  Then while the watercolor card stock was still a little damp I impressed it with the "Circles and Diamonds Stitched Pattern" Die and then used the Stitched Mats Rounded Rectangles to cut it down in size just slightly.  I wanted all of the focus on my card to be on this gorgeous background so I kept the rest of the card clean and simple and used a dark brown card stock to set off the lovely orange tones!  I used the stamp set "Flags and Tags" to create my banner of birthday wishes.  A small twine bow adds a finishing touch.

I hope you will join in the fun over at the Lil Inker Designs Blog!

Thanks for taking a look at my card!
:) Jill



7 comments:

  1. You background is beautiful Jill and your rocked the dies!! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Jill - love the background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the watercoloring! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh!! This is so super pretty! I'm
    So glad you played along without challenge! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your background done with that die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous! Great job with that background!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill