Monday, November 9, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Tags - "You Melt My Heart"



Hello Friends and Welcome!
 Today is an exciting day!  Paper Sweeties is thrilled to be participating in Tracey McNeeley's 5th Annual "25 Days of Christmas Tags" event!  You can follow along throughout the event at Tracey's wonderfully inspiring blog called "In My Creative Opinion". 



Anyone that has followed my blog or You Tube channel for a while knows that every year I make a ton of different style Christmas tags for my family and hand them out on Thanksgiving as their gift from me.  It is a fun tradition and everyone loves receiving them.  Because I love making Christmas tags so much I of course love Tracey's Christmas tag event each year!  If you have not visited Tracey's blog before then you are in for a special holiday treat!

For my tag I chose to work with Paper Sweeties "Tea for Two" stamps and sweet cuts dies as well as the "Thanks Snow Much" stamp set which has the sentiment "You melt my heart".

 I created a red card stock folded tag with the teapot die and then die cut additional teapots out of a music note pattern paper and some rustic cream card stock. I then embossed the teapot stamp onto the die cut with some gold embossing powder.  I love how easy it is to line up the teapot and get a perfectly stamped versamark outline using my Misti (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented):

Once the teapot die cut was embossed I then die cut a heart out of the center of the patterned paper teapot and added a cream teapot behind it. I then glued this to the red folded teapot tag I had created.  I stamped my sentiment in the window and then added Stickles gold to the aperture.

I embellished the taq with some white felt holly leaves and gems, gingham ribbon and a bit of thick cream twine leftover from a package that was delivered.  And I made a whole set of tags so I would have plenty to share with my family:
Well that is it for me today....but there is a lot more inspiration to be seen on my Paper Sweeties team mates posts!  Here is the link list:




Nancy Penir





Enjoy this wonderful Blog Hop!  And a great big thank you to Tracey for bringing joy to our holiday season each year with her wonderful "25 Days of Christmas Tags"!  Happy 5th Anniversary Tracey!  

:) Jill




12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous teapot tags with the heart cut out! And, love the musical notes, gems, and ribbon! You always make such sweet and pretty tags, Jill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh these are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill these are wonderful!! I love the colors you chose, your fussy cutting. pretty ribbon, gems and leaves.. all a pretty treat to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the idea of teapot tags! My mom collects teapots, this is a perfect tag for her, thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are STUNNING, Jill! I LOVE the glitter and the color scheme! Fabulous tags! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! Love them with the music note paper and gold embossing is my very favorite these days....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! Teapot-shaped tags! LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, I love these teapots so much, I CASE'd you for Tracey's challenge! I love everything about these beautiful tags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these teapot tags are just precious! I've been wanting to get this die, now I just have to move it up to the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DELIGHTFUL tags Jill!!!
    LOVE your CUTE teapot and SWEET sentiment, LOVE your twine & ribbon too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so adorable! I love these teapot tags, I want to go and make tags now!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill