Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Card Making night with my son...

Hello it is Tuesday night and my son and I were making cards together and he wanted me to post his and mine to our Greenwood Girl Cards blog. 

We used a "Pure Innocence" stamp set called Warm Fuzzies from My Favorite Things to make our cards.
My sons card has two bunny kids on it and he helped color them and I cut them out.  He made the sun with orange rays and the clouds and grass.  He picked out (and I helped him stamp) the sentiment which is from Michael's and says "All U need is Love".    We have the occasional craft night when Papa is off with the guys and it was fun making cards together.   Here are a few pics:

This is a picture of the two cards side by side.  My son's is on the right and he added the orange sunrays at the last minute.  He wanted the card to be very sunny!  Which is a good thing since it hailed, rained, showered, and poured today with thunder and lightning!  Quite something for Seattle!

Here is a close up of his card.  It was his idea to place the sentiment on the cloud and to make it two layers - the first layer is felt and the second is white cardboard tile from PTI with the sentiment.  You can't see the felt on the large cloud because it is behind the sentiment completely.


Here is a close-up of my card.  Some of the dies used are from My Favorite Stamps and some are from Papertrey Ink.  

I have one more card to share today.  This is one I made as a thank you for my neighbor and her sister who have been helping my family since my husband's diagnosis with cancer back in July of 2010.  Here are some pics:

The stamp is from Hampton Art and the flower was made using the Tim Holtz floral die and both patterned paper and tissue paper.  I made the leaves with a Martha Stewart punch and used too much stickles glitter glue to bling the card up.  The butterfly is made from the "Love Lives Here" dies from PTI.

Thanks for looking at my little card blog.  I decided to make a blog for my cards in 2010 so I could see how my skills progress over time since this is a fairly new hobby for me.   Until I blog again - be happy!  Each day is a gift!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill