Sunday, March 20, 2011

A little scrap of this and a little scrap of that birthday card for my sister....

I decided to spend a little time this Sunday afternoon making another card for the PTI challenge #6 because I needed a birthday card for my sweet sister.  It surely isn't the best card I have ever made but a homemade card is always more special than store bought don't you think?

I wanted to try out my new "Just the Ticket" stamp set and the coordinating die and impression plate.  I sure do love this set but boy did I struggle with my card today.  Do you ever start a card and not know how to finish it or just have so many little things go wrong that you want to take a break?  Today I had that problem.  I just couldn't seem to make the card come out right.  I wish I had taken pictures of all my different ideas as maybe someone could give me some cardmaking feedback.  I think I am just having an off day today and the fact that I am lacking sleep is probably contributing to my lack of crafting mojo.

Anyway here are some pics of my little birthday card attempt...
I used my scoring board to make lines on the left side of the card base and the impression plate to impress the right side of the card base.


After trying lots of different tags for the sentiment I finally made one because nothing was looking right.  I made a birthday cake out of some leftover glitter paper that had been trimmed with a Martha Stewart edge punch and was sitting in my "scraps" basket on my desk.  I think it kind of looks like a cake with candles on it but my "faux" stitching is crooked and the sentiment is a little bit low and I couldn't find anything that I liked to fill in the space above it....maybe I will look for a baby stamp again later...maybe I can find one that says "Sister" in my stash.

Anyway that is it for me today.  It is 6ish and I am watching Toy Story with my son and then we are going to have bath time and an early night.  One thing I will say is that no matter how something turns out I always enjoy my time in my little crafting space in my basement - especially after having a nice walk and play time at the park earlier in the day.  It is just fun to get cozy at home on a Sunday afternoon and get my fingers all inky!  Happy Birthday to my sister Diana tomorrow!  I love you my sweet! 
Blogging off....until next time...smiles - Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill