Thursday, March 31, 2011

PTI Challenge #8 - Ink Blending Techniques

It is time for another Make It Monday Challenge over at Papertrey Ink.  This weeks challenge (#8) is all about ink blending techniques.  This is something that I have been experimenting with more and more as my card making skills increase.  However I was still positively awed by Betsy Veldman's card in the video on Nichole's blog for this week.  Take a look here to see the video.   I started to do something similar but got a little off-track and will finish that card later. 

On to the birthday card that I did finish.... 
I needed another birthday card for a friend so I decided to try some ink blending techniques on various elements.  The card base is fairly basic with two patterned papers and a piece of lace. 


Next I made a large flower with my Tim Holtz tattered floral sissix die and began distressing the blooms by crushing them in my hand.  Then I started using some distress inks to color the edges of the flower layers as well as blend into the entire surface of each section of the flower.  Next I stamped with a "cherish" phrase stamp on the surface of the flowers before putting the flower together and adding some twine in two colors and a button.  I topped it off with some stickles.

After making the flower I also inked a heart diecut with two colors of chalk inks taking it from white to the lovely turquoise shade it is now.  I also created a patterned paper diecut and added an additional layer of paper to it and distress inked it also.  Lastly I added Riptide glimmer mist to 3 sets of leaves cut from some mint colored cardstock.  The glimmer mist added sparkle and shine to the leaves and turned them such a pretty color.   


Still feeling like I don't have my crafting mojo.  Lots happening at home right now and I am tending to only make cards I need which is harder than just making something for fun.  Plus I have the most horrendous cold this week!  Ugh!  Anyway thanks for looking! 
Enjoy each moment!  : ) Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill