Friday, February 10, 2012

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 14 - Red and White

Hello,
Just a very quick post with a card I made tonight to give to someone special on Valentine's Day.  I am also entering it in this weeks Cheery Lynn Designs challenge: HERE

I love Cheery Lynn Designs dies.  They are some of my favorite card and scrapbook making products.  If you haven't been to their website to shop you should do so: HERE  You will love what you see!

The theme of the challenge this week is red and white.  I decided to make a fairly simple card using a new-to-me border die called the "flower chain border".  I cut 5 borders out to make my card.  I also used both the French Flair Scalloped and Classic stacker nesting dies for my focal piece.

I added some hero arts clear gems to the center of each of the flowers.  I didn't notice that I needed to glue the top of the second border to keep it straight until after I took my photos.  Oops!!!  Don't you hate when you notice things after you take your pictures?  I have to run up and give my sweet husband some medicines right now and get ready for our night nurse or I would take the time to redo it....oh well...you get the idea...I hope!!!!

Here is a close up of the focal point.  I used a sentiment stamp from Papertrey Ink's "Sending You" stamp set; and a heart from a set called  Tag-It's #12.  The heart bling are by Hero Arts also.


That is it for my red and white entry.  It has been nice to have a couple of hours to play in my craft room again the last few days.....it is very therapeutic for my soul...

Happy Crafting and blog surfing friends!  Thanks for looking and leaving me some comment love :)!
Smiles,
Jill



3 comments:

  1. Jill this looks fantastic! I really love the way you used the 'flower chain border' and staggered the flowers on the card. Looks so nice. Keep crafting Jill, you do beautiful creations, and as you said therapeutic for your soul. Thanks for joining the challnege this week at Cheery Lynn Designs... hope to see 'more' entries... (hint hint) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Daisy Chain! A pretty card! Good luck and thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a beautiful card...love all that amazing detail...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill