Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 5 Anniversary Contest at Papertrey Ink








Hello Everyone,
It has been a while since I have last posted due to the situation with my husband's illness.  My first priority is always him and my son but I am in need of a birthday card for my sister Joanna's birthday next week and decided to make one using one of the fantastic card challenges over at Papertrey Ink for their 5th year Anniversary celebration.

I love using Pinterest for inspiration files but because I was very short on time I chose to use an inspiration photo of a card I liked by Dawn McVey on a post I read yesterday.  Here is the color scheme and inspiration photo by Dawn McVey:






 Here is another picture of the card I made:


I used a mask of a pti flower that I had made to create the background with smooch spritz vanilla shimmer.
I stamped the leaves with background basics text style II in blush and I used the lovely free tag from an earlier anniversary post for my focal point.  I layered some mat stack embossed die cuts and a doily layer to add additional detail and that gorgeous raspberry fizz color!  I love all of the designers at Papertrey Ink and am so appreciative of all they do to inspire my love of card making!

This is the only Anniversary event (so far) that I have been able to participate in and I had to get up early at 4am today in order to make my card.  I am sorry about the lighting of my photographs and all of the shadows.  The colors do not show true in any of the photos but I will try to retake them during the day tomorrow if I have any free time - perhaps against a black background as Dawn did so that beautiful melon color shows true!  I had to make this card and take the pictures in the very early morning (still pitch black in my basement even with lighting) as this was when I was able to do so while I had someone here helping my husband overnight still.  It is the first card that I have made in weeks and it was soothing to my soul to get back into my studio and play with ink and paper.

Thanks for taking a look.  Happy 5th Anniversary Papertrey Ink!  Thanks for all of the unending inspriation, fantastic products, incredible staff and customer service and for the heart and soul you put into all you do!
May 2012 be your best year as a company yet!
: )  Jill 

1 comment:

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill